Monday, October 13, 2008

Park Operations

Hello ladies! I am so excited and honored to be one of your MOPS coordinator’s again this year. I hope to get to know you all a bit better and help you through your “adventure” of mothering young children.

Speaking of adventure, life is an adventure as is motherhood. Lately the “roller coaster” that life is taking me on is one I call busyness….which leads to stress….which leads to depression….which leads to a lack of spiritual bonding with God. Many of you may find yourselves on the same “roller coaster”. How can we stop the whirl wind we find ourselves in and get off the ride of busyness? Matthew 11:28-30 says “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” WOW! Doesn’t that sound amazing?! It makes me feel calm, peaceful, rested just by reading it. All God asks is that we come to Him….spend time with Him in prayer, worship Him by song, be with Him in solitude, and He will give us rest. As mothers of preschoolers we never get enough physical rest, and if you are like me, busyness keeps us from having spiritual rest. I challenge you to find time for God and see how much rest He will give you. Let Him carry your burdens for you and see how much lighter you will feel. I pray that you will all feel a bit more refreshed and rested after being here today as well. May God bless you all!

Because Mothering Matters,
Traci Mozina

No comments: